Our Blue Marble

Our Blue Marble

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

THOUGHTS ON LOVE I like to try and develop another sort of greater love. Now, this could be just because I'm not very good at interpersonal love, but still need the feeling. The greater love I mean, it's the Universal or spiritual love, "agape" to the Buddhists. I feel it most easily through my love of natural beauty. I believe artistic people feel it easily as a response to art, poetry, dance and so on, and may use their response in creativity. Feeling open, both within to the soul and without, to the environment allows this perfect love. Open-hearted I suppose. I practice it sometimes with my pets. If I purposely open my heart, a cat will usually come and sit on me, purring luxuriously. Sometimes several will pile up round me. They are a love-meter. It is the love used in Healing. It is impersonal and all inclusive. With this sort of love one can love without liking or knowing. For me it is connected with the joy and the wonder of the unity of the earth's ecology, the living Gaia, the human race, the galaxy and the universe. It is the joy of the connectedness of everything, the magic of existence and creativity. The perfection and continuing development of this interrelated sphere of life, spirit and matter are the expression of love. Healing, giving, creativity and joy are too. I don’t believe anyone can be happy without regularly expressing and feeling love of some sort.

No comments: